Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tiny modern house critiqued in a supurb video

It's a 3:37 video that I can't even embed. You'll have to click the link below.

Magazines, TV Shows, Blogs bring us more design than ever, more interaction than ever.

But I'm not satisfied. With all the interest, with all the talent, with all the technology, we should be doing better.

Last night I found this little video about a little house. It's a fascinating house but that's not what interested me most:
It's criticism in a human voice. It's educational entertainment that leaves me thinking. It's a breath of fresh air.
I think it shows up lifeless real estate ads full of marketing keywords, scripted celebrity TV design shows, and worshipful brand building magazine articles.

Mary Louise Schumacher produced this superb video and I want more. Bravo.

Click here to see the video: The E.D.G.E. (An Experimental Dwelling for a Greener Environment) A "micro" house on a bluff
.
By Mary Louise Schumacher at the Milwaukee, Wisconsin Journal Sentinel
Ms. Schumacher Tweets at twitter.com/artcity

E.D.G.E By Bill Yudchitz of Revelations Architects/Builders, Stevens Point, Wisconson

You'll enjoy the floor-plan
.

4 comments:

  1. Great video, really makes you think. Did you notice that pottery was included as an essential?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this article to be both informative and engaging. The topic is well-explained, and I appreciate the effort you've put into sharing your knowledge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your article and gained valuable insights from it. Your unique perspective on [topic] is refreshing, and I look forward to more of your content in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this informative post! It's always great to come across quality content like this. The insights you've provided are valuable and will be helpful for anyone interested in this topic. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive