Sunday, December 11, 2011

4 Paintings by Karen Cleveland

It's a week later now and I'm still thinking about them.

When I walked in, 5 works immediately caught my eye. Four were by Karen Cleveland. She was showing with many others in "Nick O' Time" at Kibbee Gallery for the December Ponce Crush.



The colors and "cave art" motif first caught my eye.

But it's the vitality that I enjoyed most. Karen's animals seemed alive, ready to frolic, ready to bolt. They seemed to know I was there.

P1020863-2011-12-03-Ponce-Crush-Nick-O-Time-at-Kibbee-Gallery-by-Karen-Cleveland Horses on Red

P1020861-2011-12-03-Ponce-Crush-Nick-O-Time-at-Kibbee-Gallery-by-Karen-Cleveland deer

P1020862-2011-12-03-Ponce-Crush-Nick-O-Time-at-Kibbee-Gallery-by-Karen-Cleveland fox on blue

P1020870-2011-12-03-Ponce-Crush-Nick-O-Time-at-Kibbee-Gallery-by-Karen-Cleveland horse on white

We are happy to know Karen a little. Animals are just one part of her work. You can see these at Kibbee Gallery until December 30, 2011.

P1060061-2011-01-08-Ponce-Crush-Young-Blood-Gallery-KAREN-CLEVELAND
Say hello to Karen shown here at Young Blood Gallery last January.

P1020864-2011-12-03-Ponce-Crush-Nick-O-Time-at-Kibbee-Gallery-Crowd-4x
Kibbee Gallery that night. Karen's deer is to the left of the left window.

7 comments:

  1. I checked her website and like the ones with the single color backgrounds too, vibrant and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry I adore Karen's works of art! Thank you for featuring her!

    I hope you will enter my 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways! You will be thrilled with the selection of gifts!

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look happy, alive and vibrant. It's like cave art meets folk art in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is art without life in it? Not art.

    ;My fave would be next to last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the blue "Star Bear," but I'd want the hole set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to finish my xmas shopping...ok..so I really haven't started...I'm at a lost...but you're last two posts have solve my problem...ART....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randy, the artists are cheering!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive